There are two forms of plagiarism: deliberate and accidental. Students are often caught out by accidental plagiarism in their work.
How do I avoid accidental plagiarism?
- Watch this: Tips to avoid Accidental Plagiarism (3:43). It outlines the 5 most common forms you need to watch our for when completing assignments.
- The Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS) have also provided information about academic integrity specifically for college students on their website (a PDF guide is available for students). This page outlines exactly
- what plagiarism is,
- how to avoid it,
- what the consequences are of plagiarising at college, and
- what your rights and responsibilities are in this situation.
- Check out our Essay Writing page for more tips.
- A flow chart to assist in answering the question – “Did I Plagiarise?”