Top Tips for Google:
- NEVER Google a question for serious searching. Use words the author will have in the answer to your question.
- Use quotation marks for exact phrases (e.g. “white house” brings different results to white house)
- Use the minus sign to de-clutter your results list (e.g. -pinterest if you don’t want images)
Still can’t find what you need?
- Try a database. They are the best because you can trust their info.
- Try a different search engine! Here’s a list of some others to try.
- Come chat with an LTC teacher librarian. Smart searching is how we get our kicks!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License